Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Failure

Who here begins something, trips up, and stops trying? One euphamism I happen to like goes something like this: "The only way to fail is to stop trying."

We went to Walmart last evening, amidst the hurricane craze, to grab some non-perishables. Just in case. And... those Chips Ahoy are calling me now. Seriously. They totally have my phone number. Will I have some in the next couple of days? I don't know. Many people are evacuating the area. I personally am believing that the storm will turn out to sea. But... back to those darn cookies I'm stuck in the house with...

Mark Ballas said something last year that put it all into perspective for me. He said "practice." He was talking in reference to his own journey with quitting smoking. Until then, I'd always thought of practice as in getting better at sports, or math (yuck!), or public speaking. But, Mark spoke of it as getting over something, even like eatingly poorly. In other words, if you do end up having a cookie, that doesn't mean you have to slip back into poor eating. All it means is that you have to keep practicing to get better at it.

2 comments: