Tuesday, October 4, 2016

HaLf

Some people say the proverbial glass (or coffee cup! ) is half full. Others perceive it to be half empty. It all depends on one's perspective.

It is easy for me to pop on here, write a few things, and press "Post." But I can type anything I want, not necessarily the truth. But! If you know me, then you also know I do write the truth. Yesterday, everything was great. Until evening. When I wanted a soda. With popcorn. And anything chocolate. Anything.

It's night time when the battle is stronger. I'm used to snacking while I chill in front of the television. It's what I have always done. When I was a kid, I'd visit my Grandma for a few days, and one of the first things we would do is go out shopping for goodies for me to eat during my visit. Really! Candy, ice cream, pretty much whatever my little desired. It was awesome. Bless her heart, I don't think she ever told me "no" to anything. And nowadays, I do the same thing. If I have extra money? BOOM. Order pizza! Go out to eat! Go shopping and grab tons of junk! It's who I've been forever. And I'm not really active, at all. Thinking about it, I'm surprised I'm not heavier than I am.

So, last night, the glass was looking a little on the empty side. I wanted to eat some junk. BUT! I grabbed a much healthier snack instead :) I ate a banana with yogurt and some Grape Nuts. And, it totally satisfied me :)

So, this morning I woke up, and cooked a little kale, brown rice, and broccoli in chicken broth. It hit the spot, and I made certain not to make more than I needed, else I would eat it all, and I am focusing on portion control, too. It's going to be a fantastic day! Thank You Jesus!

2 comments: